Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Following God

I'm reading through the Old Testament currently, and I can't help but want to scream at the Israelites. Over and over, God tells them what to do and they do differently. Over and over, they are punished because of their disobedience. I think to myself: don't they get it? They have God - WITH them - and yet they continue to do what He doesn't want them to do! I would NEVER disobey like the Israelites if God were that present here in 2006.

But I do.

God is everywhere: inside of me by His Holy Spirit, standing over my shoulder while I'm typing this post, in China where they are probably sleeping right now, in India where our missionaries are currently serving...everywhere. He is with me always, and I'm just like the Israelites. I continue to mess up, then ask for forgiveness, then mess up again the same way as before, then ask for forgiveness.

I'm so glad that God gives us more than one 2nd chance, aren't you? I'm so glad that He gives us His Word to teach us how to live. I'm so glad that He sent His Son - His only Son - to pay the price for all those times I mess up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home